Para información en Español presione el botón “ES” en la esquina superior derecha
WELCOME TO WESTCHESTER POWER SOLAR SAVINGS
Solar Savings allows participants to benefit from solar energy with no installation needed on their own property. Using New York State’s community solar model, participants are subscribed to a community solar project and earn guaranteed savings of up to 10% on electricity bills. Eligible households will be notified in the mail and automatically enrolled unless they opt out. There is no cost to join, and participants may cancel their subscription at any time without any penalties or fees.
Sustainable Westchester is promoting climate equity by providing this opportunity first to the community members that will benefit most. Priority enrollment will go to households currently participating in ConEd or NYSEG assistance programs. These households may also be the recipients of: Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, and other similar programs.
To learn more about how Solar Savings advances environmental justice, click here.
To understand if you are currently eligible for Westchester Power Solar Savings, please select your utility service by clicking one of the buttons below.
You can also contact us at email@example.com or 914-242-4725 if you need assistance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Save up to 10% on your electricity bills!
- No need to install solar panels on your own property!
- Remain enrolled in your current ConEd or NYSEG assistance programs!
- Pay your electricity bills the same way, and keep your electricity deliverer and supplier.
- There is no cost to join. You may opt out at any time without penalties or fees.
- Support local renewable energy development! Community solar projects generate local clean energy, reduce fossil fuel use and improve long-term air quality.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Solar Savings uses New York State’s community solar model:
In order to meet the state requirement of increasing sources of renewable electricity, New York State provides incentives to new solar projects. Solar projects that receive New York State community solar incentives are mandated to provide savings to subscribed participants.
HOW DO I EARN SAVINGS ON MY ELECTRICITY BILLS?
You will be allocated a portion of a community solar project based on your historic annual electricity usage.Once your project begins generating energy, the following will take place each month:
- The energy generated by your portion of the project earns you a solar credit of monetary value.
- 90% of the solar credit goes back to the community solar project and ConEd or NYSEG as a subscription fee.
- You keep 10% of the solar credit as savings, which is applied directly to your monthly electricity bill!
How do Solar Savings appear on electricity bills?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Notification and Enrollment Process:
- Targeted Outreach: Sustainable Westchester conducts meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Notification Letters: Letters are sent to each eligible household as community solar project capacity becomes available.
- 30-Day Opt-Out Period: Notified households have 30 days to opt out before being automatically enrolled.
- Enrollment: Households that choose not to opt out are subscribed to a community solar project.
Your participation provides you with savings and an opportunity to support local renewable energy!
HOW TO OPT OUT
If you wish to opt out, please click the
Opt Out button below, or call us at 914-242-4725.
Please be aware that once you are subscribed, ConEd or NYSEG may need two to three billing cycles to process your opt-out request.
Additionally, if you opt out, you may request to rejoin in the future. However, due to limited availability within our community solar projects there are no guarantees of immediate re-enrollment.
New Rochelle City
Village of Ossining
Sustainable Westchester is committed to environmental justice and understands that equity is the foundation of sustainability. Through our programming, we seek to expand benefits from the clean energy transition to overburdened and underserved communities. Our work aims to help communities achieve NYS Climate Act goals, including that 35% of benefits of clean energy programs must be delivered to Disadvantaged Communities*.
Sustainable Westchester is proud to offer Solar Savings, a large-scale effort that serves households in ConEd and NYSEG assistance programs and Disadvantaged Communities by providing them with financial and environmental benefits. The opt-out structure prioritizes lower income households that have been historically unable to benefit from New York’s traditional community solar model, where households sign up on an opt-in basis.
We hope to empower Westchester County residents and bring forth measurable and equitable health and economic changes. Sustainable Westchester invites conversations with our communities on how to advance environmental justice. If you would like to connect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 914-242-4725.
*DAC criteria are developed and annually reviewed by the Climate Justice Working Group.
Sustainable Westchester’s work is made possible with the help of our solar and storage partners!
List of our partners/ (carousel with partner logos)
Learn more about our solar and storage projects in Solar Savings
Interested in becoming a partner? Click the button below to learn about our Rolling Request for Capacity. Your solar and energy projects can be part of Solar Savings.